Reminiscence and Resource Centre

William George Tebbutt is M.A.C. representative for Dept 498, 640 , 654 and 680 since the by-election early in March of this year.

Came to East Tilbury in 1937 starting Dept 680 as a learner. By the end of 1940 he was promoted to supplier. From January 1941 to June 1946, he served in tthe R.A.F. as and engine fitter.

He married just over a year ago.

At present he is a children’s boots and shoes supplier.

WILLIAM TEBBUTT - 1948